If you’ve been around Pine Press Printing for any length of time you know we‘ve held a few open houses in our day.
We‘ve made our share of mistakes, but we‘ve also made our fair share of great decisions. Since we have so many under our belt, we thought we‘d share some of our tried and true tips and ideas to help you plan your own business event.
To start with there is no other marketing approach that works as well as face-to-face interaction with your customers. A friendly relaxed atmosphere where no hard selling is involved is a perfect way to mingle and develop a good rapport with your clients. To start with there is no other marketing approach that works as well as face-to-face interaction with your customers. A friendly relaxed atmosphere where no hard selling is involved is a perfect way to mingle and develop a good rapport with your clients.
A well planned and well attended open house requires more than running an ad and buying some food. It requires lots of planning and staff involvement. As a business owner, sales are what you are concerned about the most, but for this one event, it’s not about you but about your customer. Every detail should be about their experience, and it’s your job to show them a good time. You want them to leave feeling recognized and appreciated.
It may seem obvious but people are busy, and it will take a lot to get them to give up their precious time, so you‘ll need to provide them with a good reason to come.Here are a few tips to
Here are a few tips to consider:
- FOOD – Just like the old adage “you get to a man through his stomach,” the same holds true in getting people to attend your event.
- FAMILY – Working parents are busy and have very little family time. However, if they know your event is kid-friendly, they will make a point to drop in.
- MAKE IT MEMORABLE – You want your customers to remember your event so theme it around a holiday and hold it the same time every year.
- GIVEAWAYS – Consider raffling off prizes. Pick a local charity and make a donation to them.
And lastly here are a few things we pulled right from our yearly open house checklist:
• Assign someone to trash & restroom duty.
• Place greeters at all entrances.
• Secure entertainment months in advance.
• Make sure all staff wear name tags
• Place out plenty of garbage cans.
• Plan for additional parking prior to the event.
• Notify neighboring business.
A yearly event your customers can associate you with will help your marketing efforts by leaps and bounds, so start planning yours today.
Let us help you figure out new ways to market your business!
Call us at 1-800-841-7861 or Request a FREE Quote to get started.
Pine Press Printing, Mailing, Marketing & Business Solutions
142 Ellis Avenue, Lexington, SC 29072
Great service starts with a personal touch…it’s just good business sense!