Who doesn’t love a freebie? Because of its ability to grab attention, it’s easy to see why the word “free” is a top marketing power word. Here are a few ways to boost sales by increasing traffic to your business when using the word free:
- Create free product vouchers to entice loyal customers to try new products or encourage new customers that may not know what products you offer.
- Offer a free item that complements the purchase of another item – such as receive a free gallon of milk with the purchase of any 2 boxes of cereal. If you run out of the item, consider an alternative item or a rain check voucher to ensure a positive customer experience rather than turning visitors away empty handed.
- Create excitement by announcing that the first XX visitors that either come into your business or purchase online get a free XYZ item. Consider including a ticker so that online visitors know how many items are left, or simply offer the free item during a window of time, such as 11am-1pm.
- Consider free item coupons with purchases as a reward for loyal customers who refer your business to others.
- Offer a free item in exchange for filling out customer surveys or providing feedback.
- If customers sign up online for a free item, avoid scaring away potential customers by asking only for necessary information.
- Don’t spam those who provide information. Offer an option to sign up for promotions if they are interested.
If you’re looking for creative ways to spread the word about an upcoming promotion, our team of printing experts would love to help. Stop by today!
Let us help you figure out new ways to market your business!
Call us at 1-800-841-7861 or Request a FREE Quote to get started.
Pine Press Printing, Mailing, Marketing & Business Solutions
142 Ellis Avenue, Lexington, SC 29072
Great service starts with a personal touch…it’s just good business sense!