While many businesses refer to marketing materials to answer customer questions, employees must also be knowledgeable. It’s important that your team is informed about your products, your company’s policies, and how to answer questions quickly and efficiently. Here are a few tips on how to answer customer questions better:
- Take notes while the customer is asking a question. Include details or keywords that are pertinent in answering the question.
- Summarize and restate the customer’s question to ensure you understand what was being asked.
- Don’t hesitate. It will appear as if you don’t know the answer, lack confidence, or aren’t cooperative.
- If you don’t know the answer, simply say, “I don’t know but I’ll find out,” rather than making something up.
- Know your products and keep a product guide or spec sheets close by as a quick reference for answering questions.
- Promise only what you can deliver. Sometimes it’s best to under promise and over deliver.
- Practice complicated answers to ensure clarity and understanding.
- Remember that “yes” and “no” are acceptable answers since not every question requires a long, drawn out answer.
- Ensure that your answer meets their needs, by asking, “Is that what you were asking”
If you aren’t able to answer a question, be sure to find the answer and follow-up quickly. Your dedication to finding the answer quickly will show that you respect their time and are eager to make a good impression.
Let us help you figure out some creative marketing solutions for your business!
Call us at 1-800-841-7861 or Request a FREE Quote to get started.
Pine Press Printing, Mailing, Marketing & Business Solutions
142 Ellis Avenue, Lexington, SC 29072
Great service starts with a personal touch…it just makes great business sense.