First, let’s clear up a common misconception of what a “Brand” really is.
A brand is more than just your company’s name or logo. It’s more than just a particular type of product you offer. It’s more than just the look of the packaging of your product. In a nutshell, your ”Brand” is the culmination of everything your prospect’s 5 senses can pick up on about you.
- It’s the image you present at all times. From the company’s logo and color scheme all the way to the manner in which your employees dress.
- It’s what your prospect hears from and about you. From what they hear about you in the media to how your customer service team handles incoming complaints.
- It’s the feeling your prospect gets in all their dealings with you. From their satisfied or unsatisfied interaction with you to the relationship building activities you carry out.
- It’s the pleasant or unpleasant scents that get associated with you covering everywhere from the smell of your product or facility.
- And lastly, it’s also the tastes that get associated with you. From the taste of your product (if it’s a product meant to be tasted) to the quality of coffee or tea you serve.
As you are probably beginning to see the picture I am painting for you; your brand encompasses everything about you. Hence you can see why it’s important always to put your best foot forward.
Let’s take this one step further. Even more important than being perfect in your eyes, is being consistent in the prospect’s eyes.
Consistency is the key to branding. It is terrible branding practice and just plain unacceptable to offer excellent service one day, and bad service the next. You are better off being consistently mediocre. Then at least the customer knows what to expect and is generally more satisfied. Another example of bad branding is having a different look and feel for your website as compared to your other marketing collateral (e.g., business cards, brochures, etc.). Ultimately, your prospect should be able to recognize you at a quick glance – just by colors, design style, logo, etc.
Bottom line, branding is essential to establishing your identity in the marketplace and consistency is the key to efficiently doing that. Prospects want consistency! Consistency breeds comfort and comfort is an aspect of relationship building – an essential marketing strategy.
Let us help you figure out new ways to market your business!
Call us at 1-800-841-7861 or Request a FREE Quote to get started.
Pine Press Printing, Mailing, Marketing & Business Solutions
142 Ellis Avenue, Lexington, SC 29072
Great service starts with a personal touch…it’s just good business sense!