If you’re on a limited mobile data plan, it seems like overage charges creep up when you’re least expecting them. Here are a few tips how to easily reduce data usage and regulate your bill:
- Use Wi-Fi wherever possible, whether you’re at home, the office, or a coffee shop.
- Use an app to keep tabs on your data usage and create alerts, if you don’t have an app available thru your carrier, consider My Data Manager (Android, iOS).
- Reduce the frequency of push notifications and set apps to update manually so they only grab new stuff when you have them open.
- Set app updates to update only when connected to Wi-Fi, rather than automatically, which can use a surprising amount of data.
- Avoid deleting your internet cache. By preserving your cache, your device won’t have to download images from frequently visited websites every time you visit them.
- Use mobile versions of websites when possible. They are simpler and use less data.
- Consider using a browser such as Opera Mini (Android, iOS) which is designed to compress data and reduce usage when browsing.
- Try an app like Pocket (Android, iOS) to save interesting web pages and access them later, without needing an Internet connection.
- Avoid data-eating ads by purchasing ad-free app versions or simply turning Airplane mode on or turning mobile data off before starting an app.
If you’re looking for creative ways to save money on your next printing job, we’ve also got you covered! Give us a call today.
Pine Press Printing & Mailing delivers. Guaranteed!
Pine Press Printing your friendly hometown printer in Lexington, SC 29072