Work smart, not hard. That’s the idea behind Mac Automation, a technology built into Apple’s OS X but frequently underutilized.
Whether its sorting your email, searching your documents or building a playlist, you’d be amazed how many tasks can be done automatic instead of manually–if only you knew how to get started.
Lucky for you, MakeUseOf is offering a free ebook covering just that: The Awesome Automation Guide for Macs. This guide explains everything you need to stop clicking your mouse so often and start letting your computer do the boring stuff for you, no programming skills required. Take full advantage of the most powerful operating system on the planet and save yourself from time.
Every Mac user should read this guide, which is made up of easy-to-understand demonstrations and screenshots. Among other things you’ll learn how to:
- Use smart folders to manage your files and folders
- Using iTunes’ smart playlists to organize your music
- Find the photo your looking for with iPhoto
- Sort your email without any effort, using Mail.app’s smart filters and folders
- Using Automator to script without any programming knowledge
Like all our manuals, this one is free. So go ahead and share this with friends on Facebook and Twitter.
Enjoy and spread the word!